Sunday, January 21, 2007

winter with the satorialist

I was interested in seeing how the looks for winter 2006 differ from those of winter 2007.

winter 2006:


winter 2007:The girl in the top photo is wearing my new Marc Jacobs boots!


It seems like there were definitely more bomber jackets to be found on the streets last year, and this is the year for peacoats and military jackets? Oh, and also I saw many more capes! Tall boots were present for both years, as was layering.

And check out what the women are wearing in Firenze and Milano:

I am going to travel around Italy in mid-February (!) so I was curious to see what the women have been wearing. I like blending in enough to be mistake for a national. Winter white equestrian style! I do not think that I will be able to lug my riding boots with me, but its nice to know!

And here is a photo of the first Marc Jacobs markdown of 70%, when the line stretched all the way to the Mercer Hotel. Can you imagine the mob scene if they had publicized the 90% off sale? I went back yesterday and there is still plenty in stock!


All photos from The Satorialist

3 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

Am I the only girl in the world who is without a pair of lovely boots? Oh, woe is me.

9:19 AM  
Blogger discotheque confusion said...

yes, the boots are all gorgeous!

obviously a bit hit in NYC!

S xx

2:10 PM  
Blogger s.i. michaels said...

I love the Italian woman's winter white. So dramatic but simple. If only I could get away with white pants.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page