Friday, January 19, 2007

holy crapola!

Okay. Let me gather myself enough to type this out. There is a GIANT sale at Marc Jacobs on Mercer Street. Everything is 90% off. It was completely unpublicized. It is the first time they are doing it. It started Yesterday. Let me catch my breath.

I saw people walking around Soho with enormous MJ shopping bags. It seemed so strange. My instincts told me to go inside the store. It looked normal, there were no sale signs inside or outside. But the people shopping inside did not look like they could afford the exhuberant price tags. So I asked a sales person if anything is on sale. And yes sireeeeee, there are 2 racks that are 90% off, mens and womens. And shoes, glorious shoes. Here are some things I could find pictures of on net-a-porter that I bought:


I have no idea when I will get to wear this dress. It is the most expensive piece of clothing that I own. Maybe I'll get to walk down some red carpet one day. The shoes were burgundy, not black. I still cannot believe that I paid a little over $100 for shoes that cost $1,350.


Marc Jacobs is the most genorous wonderful man ever put on earth and I love him. Marc Jacobs, if you ever ever read this, know that you are loved. And I'm sorry that I made fun of that dress that you designed that Mary-Kate wore. I get "it". Its grunge. You're kooky and that is part of the reason why I love you. Oh, that, and the fact that you just sold your clothes and shoes for less than it probably took to produce them! Angelina Jolie, eat your heart out. This is what philanthropy is all about.

source

Oh and I must add that the Zero by Maria Cornejo sale was not too shabby either. I bought a kimono top (in the same fabric as my very favorite dress) for 80% off. No more shopping for me, I think, for a while...

4 Comments:

Blogger Hebden said...

Wow! Congratulations! And wow again!

Beautiful dress!

2:34 PM  
Blogger S. said...

Congratulations on your purchases! You MUST create an occasion, any occasion, to wear the dress. I say wear it to the most unlikely place.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Fauchon Junkie said...

Kudos for the dress. After your post, I scrambled there.

The dress is stunning but its a lot of dress for a short girl like myself. It is true work of art though and as beautiful as the picture is, its even more impressive in person.

All the 0's and most 10's and 12's were sold out by Sunday sadly . I consoled myself with two pairs of wool slacks and a pair of oxblood platforms.

Thanks for the tip.

I wonder if we passed each other at the ZMC sale. I keep trying to get my friends to go, but they are all scared off by her designs! It kills me!

8:53 AM  
Blogger odilean said...

yes, too much fabric, i agree. i am 5'3.5" and it does drown me a bit, but with some really high heels, i think i could pull it off. anyway, i like having something so well made, i can stare it for hours following each seam. i used to work in a costume shop, so dresses like that send me into a tither. i'm so glad that you got something though! what day were you at the ZMC sale? i was there on friday sometime between 2 and 3.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page