Tuesday, January 09, 2007

fashion hunters

Well, I am the last person on earth to have found out about people like Yvan doing good work on facehunter.com (not to mention the satorialist!). I found out about them at the end of 2006, after I had a fantasy to station my friends who were studying abroad in various european countries and have a look book, but one with wittier questions. I bemoan the fact that there are style hunters already stationed around the world. the comprehensive list on facehunter is enough to make your head spin. I guess all of the good ideas are already taken. But really though, I do not have the gall to come up to strangers and ask to take a picture. I do not think that i am enough of a "fashion personality"--one of those people who are beyond just wearing clothes. Lets call them fashion gods. My point is, if any of the people below asked me if they could take a picture because they loved what I was wearing, I would agree. Not because of their notoriety. No, no, no, my dear reader. It is precisely because they clearly dress with a different logic than the regular joe or jane. They use clothes as a strict uniform for how they want to be read. Everything that they wear means something. It is beyond the considerations that we mere mortals apply to what we decide to don. do they have bad days too? Do they ever need to go to the gym but don't want to drag a change of clothes with them?



They have fashion cred. Simple as that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulwich_News said...

Nice blog I'll be back, viewed from London

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page