Tuesday, January 02, 2007

chicks and ducks and geese better scurry

My friend is getting married in July and I was asked to be a bridesmaid. She is an excellent bargain hunter and found all of the dresses at Loehmann's (a discount chain). There will be 5 bridesmaids and she found all of the dresses in our sizes, give or take a few minor adjustments. I was nervous that I would get stuck wearing a puffy monstrosity of a dress, but instead, she chose a gentle silk Laundry gown in peacock blue. Below is the very same dress in brown. The original cost was $350 but she found it for $55. What a deal; what a gal!

Although this Laundry dress is undoubtedly several seasons old, it reminds me of a more subtle version of the Marchesa flower dresses that everyone has been crazy about. It is very much of the season with respect to color as it is a very saturated jewel-blue. Surprising how this happens with some trends. Two years ago you would be out of luck trying to find skinny jeans or capes at a discount store, but flowers and jewel-tones are a classic. And therefore discount store fodder. I will definitely take pictures of myself wearing it so you can get a better idea of the color.



The dress would look great with these snake-head gucci shoes that I found at a thrift store in black for a steal. You would not believe how little I paid.


Its just January and here I am stuck in a summer dream haze...

3 Comments:

Blogger s.i. michaels said...

Wow, lovely dress. And how fortunate not to pay an arm & a leg for something you might never wear again. Lucky you.

1:10 PM  
Blogger odilean said...

thankfully my friend is on a tight budget after taking out med school loans, so she can sympathize with us poor folk :).

2:45 PM  
Blogger Oh My Yafa said...

I love those shoes and have been looking for them. I doubt I will find them now, but where do you shop if you don't mind me asking. I am 18 and enthusiastic about bargains and quality clothes and shoes.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page