Monday, December 11, 2006

bedazzled!

I have been seeing sequins everywhere, most recently at club monaco and zara, not the mention the sold out french connection serpent dress. I know, I know, this is where trends come to die. But they are living on. Most of what you can get at these chain stores is a rip off of the maxmara dress that everyone was wearing.

Behold the updated sequined frock from the spring 2007 collections. Designers are playing more with the lengths and styles, upgrading the short mod shifts into gowns in some cases. You know, I haven't seen so many sequins outside of the Badgley Mischka runway, ever. And Badgely Mischka is no longer using sequins, at least not for the spring collection. Welcome to the twilight zone.


Sequins are too much upkeep. They snag, they fall off. I don't think that I would jump to invest in one of these dresses. Practicality over fashion, how boring. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page