Friday, November 17, 2006

zero by maria cornejo


I am in love with this dress by Maria Cornejo. I think that it best captures the spirit of the season. From its folkish winter colors (ivory and wine), to its composition (wool with cotton embroidery), I believe it is the one winter dress that you could own and never wish for another. I love that it has both western and eastern influences stemming from the kimono and the new "tulip" shape that many european designers have been using. The embroidery reminds me of folk mexican and eastern european embroidery. If only the price tag was not two months' rent. Rumors are that Zero by Maria Cornejo sales start in December.

2 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

That dress reminds me of a Ukrainian winter.

Love Maria Cornejo.

1:29 PM  
Blogger S. said...

Ohh, love it. It's more interesting that a lot of the typical dresses seen everywhere. Simple but lots of care in the details. I think it says quite a bit about your superb eye.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page