Sunday, March 18, 2007

dreaming on a winter's day

Two days ago, New York was hit with a blistery snow storm after a week of Spring-like weather. The first day of Spring is on the 21st and I had a hard time reconciling this last bit of wintry unpleasantness. I really couldn't bear the thought of going outside. So yesterday I decided to play dress-up and day dream of warmer times. After trying on my Prada loot, I remembered that I promised to write about the outlet in Montevarchi.
I was too overwhelmed to take pictures near or inside the outlet because I told the cab driver that 1.5 hours would be enough for me. Suffice to say, I was off by about an hour. The outlet was pristine. A machine dispenses a piece of paper with a number on it. This number is used to identify you within the store. It is necessary because you are not allowed to carry around the wares. Instead, once you try something on, a salesperson puts it away for you. The train ride was about 30 minutes from Florence. It is the local train from Florence to Rome. It was only about 8 euros. The cab ride to and from the outlet was 24 euros; there are always cabs waiting outside the station. The outlet sells Prada, Miu Miu, Jil Sander and Driving Shoes. The outlet has clearances, so my Prada ankle length wool and fur coat was 350 euros marked down from 500 euros. I can only guess how much it must have been originally. I bet I found it for about 80% off.



I still haven't had an occassion to wear the coat. I'm afraid it's too light for this weather. And in three weeks the only coat I'll be wearing is my Mountain Hard Wear hiking fleece along with my new boots (that I will be diligently breaking in starting now!)

2 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

You are beautiful. That coat is beautiful. So sorry for the slow Paris list. I have one in the works with your name on it. Hope I'm not too late :(

xx

9:55 PM  
Blogger F.M. said...

Ms.Prada's coat looks exquisite on you!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page