Wednesday, February 28, 2007

milano-2

When I said that I avoided fashion week whilst in Milan, I lied--just a tad. As I walked by the TAD boutique in Milan, I was surprised to see it open at 10 pm. This was on February 15th, right around the start of Milan's shows. The store was like the love child of Barneys New York and Urban Outfitters. There were fragrances, shoes, clothes, furniture, books and a lounge--the interior was just beautiful and the way that things were displayed provided for a multisensorial shopping experience. Upon being asked why the store was open so late, the extremely chic salesman told me that they were having a party and invited me upstairs for champagne. There were plasma tv screens showing some runway footage. Everyone was superbly dressed. A woman who caught my eye was wearing all black skinny skinny jeans, a slouchy cardigan which was very low, a wonderful cameo necklace on a long chain (these are quite popular in Italy, many local artisans make them), and dove grey booties. Anyway, its funny how these things find you. Upon leaving I realized it must have been a fashion week party. Duh!

While I am self-conscious to a fault when it comes to taking some stranger's photo, I am shameless at photographing display windows. Some that caught my eye were those of Dolce & Gabbana and Moschino on my first night in Milan.





If you enlarge the last picture of the storefront of Moschino I hope that you will be as delighted with the the little girrafes on the wrap dress as I was. And how about that "Light my Fire!" t-shirt? I'm noticing a slogan trend, the House of Holland t-shirts and the eco-friendly Noir with their "Save the Future" tank tops are only the first two that come to my mind, but the list is long.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolina Lange said...

I've never been to Milano, I so want to go!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page