Tuesday, February 06, 2007

pneumonia with narciso rodriguez

What a twit I am. Armed with my newly arrived slouchy Rastafarian hat and wool tights from Intermix, I drove to the Narsico Rodriguez show. Seeing as it was about 2 blocks away from where the Phillip Lim 3.1 show was held, I thought it would be held in a similar endless loft that is the norm in this part of Chelsea. Oh man, I was wrong. It was small. The men at the door did not let anyone in. Even Anna Wintour's assistant was told to wait in line! Guests with passes were waiting in line as well. Some chic men and women who left their coats with their drivers were whining like babies. People were pissed. There is probably a windchill of -8 when the sun goes down in New York. It is horrendous. Fashion and cold weather do not mix. I have never seen so many boring black parkas as I have this time of the year--and it does not change at all around the tents in Bryant Park or these other places where the shows are held (give or take a few furs). Anyway, after being the first person in line, and with a great attitude to boot, I was turned away. What terrible PR! To make your guests and media wait in line for 30 minutes in the freezing cold, and to turn away aspiring whatchyamacallits like myself. Well, I will never purchase a Narsico Rodriguez thing, ever. Even when I can afford it.

1 Comments:

Blogger mavieenrose said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience...but IMHO (not having seen the shows personally, just photos) I thought Phillip Lim was a much better show than Narciso! So at least there's that.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page