Sunday, February 04, 2007

update: fashion show virginity lost...

in the sweetest possible way. I came, I saw and I conquered. I am just getting off of the high. I went to the Phillip Lim 3.1 show, and meekly asked to be let in for standing room. With one nod of approval, I was let into the giant brick building on West 28th St. and 11th Ave. There was a waiting room, but no one stopped me and my boy from getting out and getting some great cosmopolitans, very good champagne, and smart water.
The soviet in me, that part which is always looking for a way to make the wait on the bread line go a little bit quicker, walked right up to the entrance of the runway. Anna Wintour glazed past me. What a rush! Bee Schaffer was in tow. I walked all the way to the end of the bleachers and after waiting for a polite 20 minutes, we sat down in the fourth row.
I have a lot to say about the show, most of which I will say later when I post the ghetto video I took with my camera. But I will say that the collection was quite pessimistic. A very limited palette, mostly white and black with just one or two stand out pieces color-wise. There was a lot of military influence and several of the models wore Mad Hatter inspired top-hats.
A man I spoke with later told me that they reminded him of Philip Tracey hats. There was also one really interesting wool coat that was like a stretched out vest. I tried to capture it. It makes me think that Mr. Lim is less than optimistic about the future of Iraq and this arrogant war. One of his dresses in the program was a "black sleeveless funeral dress". I will scan the program in when I get a chance. Here are some poor quality photos for you anyway :). More to come on the celebrities that I saw and the goody bag that I snagged.
Oh, and do you see what I mean about the interesting cut of the coat on the left? Its like a long vest. Very Alice in Wonderland.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Glossy Editor said...

Good for you! I'm v. jealous:)

6:07 PM  
Blogger mareGa said...

you're such a lucky girl!.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

YOU ARE SO LUCKY! GOD that's great.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page