Tuesday, February 27, 2007

milano-1

Apologies! I am so jet lagged that I have a hard time concentrating past 8 pm. Up there is a view of the street in front of Milan's famous "La Scala" opera house. Can you spot the stylophile? Walking by the theater at night was the most wonderful experience. I passed a line of ladies in furs and gowns and men wearing tuxedos. The opera is still a grand tradition in Milan. In New York, even at a venue as beautiful as the Metropolitan Opera House, there are still a few people wearing jeans and sneakers. Nothing wrong with that, we all love our casual fridays, but the gathering outside "La Scala" was a sight for sore eyes.

Diagonally across from "La Scala" are the galleries, the beautiful indoor/outdoor mall. It is covered in glass and looks somewhat like a train station.


Yes, I was in Milan during fashion week, but I was there for such a short time (and it was not the purpose of my trip!) that I did not really do any fashion-week-things. I was really interested in store windows. Here are some from inside the galleria:




The Gucci store had a cafe outside of it which was quite popular. In Rome, there was a cafe in the Cavalli store. I know that there is an Armani cafe in Boston. I don't want my scone branded, thank-you-very-much. I guess sitting there would provide for great people watching, though.
The fringe craze--I don't have much to say about it. I don't really like it. But the feeling is not very strong.
And turbans, OH MAN, do I love me some turban. Is it hard to wrap one out of a scarf? I assume there are many challenges involved in getting them to be so voluminous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page