Saturday, March 01, 2008

barney's madhouse sale

Tomorrow is the last day of the Barney's Warehouse Sale. The final weekend of the sale is when shoppers can expect the best discounts, with merchandise an additional 70%-80% off. Needless to say, it was a madhouse. I went to help a friend pick out a few things from the men's department which was much tamer than upstairs in the women's section. It was where I spent most of my time because I couldn't stand being stepped on and elbowed. Despite the initial enthusiasm surrounding Kate Moss' collection for Topshop, all of it was discounted further than any of the other things. The aisle that held the clothes was nearly abandoned. I did find many things that I liked. There was very beautiful detailing on some pieces by Christopher Kane, Phillip Lim and Proenza Schouler (click on those images to see the wonderful close up of the textures). Also, at 75% off of the initial mark down, the Pierre Hardy platforms pictured below were just a little over $60. I tried them on but there were extremely uncomfortable and I couldn't brave the long line. Anyway, I had fun just looking and my friend came out with a lot of goodies.





2 Comments:

Blogger Khira said...

Ack, Alisa ! I had no idea beforehand, but apparently Colette is the Kremlin ? That is, not only were photos (and suspiciously long judgments of particularly expensive garments) strictly prohibited, the ratio of consumers to nosy, pursuant security felt nearly even. It was an environment fueled by riches and paranoia. So, unfortunately I haven't come away with any photos of the exhibit. But actually, in all honesty, I thought there'd be more to see: there were only six panels, and they were rather pushed off to the side, the Dior and Comme des Garçons spotted around the second floor garnering more (even most of the) attention.

Talk about madhouses.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page