Saturday, March 01, 2008

thrifting suits

On my way to the Barney's Warehouse Sale I dropped into a thrift store on 17th street. There were several suits from the early 1990's, obviously donated by the same person because they were the same size and had a similar eclectic style. Although vintage suits are usually awkward fitting, it is always satisfying to find a nice once because you get two things for the price of one. I came out with an Oscar de la Renta navy jersey wool suit with beautiful white buttons on it for a mere $25. The other suits were more expensive and didn't fit very well. I do lament the YSL black tunic with gold buttons that I had to pass up because it wasn't marked down. I get a rush out of seeing vintage designer labels and wondering about the life of the person who donated the pieces. There is so much more substance to clothing that has been lived in.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page