Tuesday, March 27, 2007

two weeks til kathmandu


I am trying to deal with the challenge of packing for both Paris and Kathmandu. This outfit doesn't show too much skin and has red in it (red signifies luck in Nepal and many other Asian countries; in fact, Nepali brides wear red saris on their big day), yet it is chic and comfortable. I am trying to incorporate a lot of red into my wardrobe for the next month. I also need to be careful about wearing just white or beige (as these are mourning colors in Nepal and India). I am digging through my closet for everything folky and festive. This skirt is great. It is high waisted wool, has a nice swing to it and is decorated with happy paisley throughout.

4 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

lovely :)

Have a smashing trip. Such glorious destinations... please blog about it!!!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Bobble Bee said...

have fun and bring us fashion news from over seas!!!
xo

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great triP! Love the skirt!

10:43 AM  
Blogger The Spicers said...

WOW-what a great combination! And your outfit looks fantastic. I'm currently looking for a great high-waisted wool skirt. Have a wonderful time, and please post lots of photos.
Thanks also for the tip about the Prada outlet outside Florence. My husband and I spent a day happily lost driving around looking for it...we never did find it, but had a great time anyway (of course!)

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page